Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The week ahead:
Today 41C. (106F.)
Wednesday 41C. (106F.)
Thursday 41C. (106F.)
Friday 40C. (104F.)
Saturday 35C. (95F.) - oooh a cool change!
Sunday 38C. (101F.)
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
- Stunning boutique 16th century country house once the summer residence of Leopold 11, Duke of Tuscany owned by Alain Ducasse, famed French restaurateur & Michelin star chef.
- Tucked in the lush vineyards & olive groves of the famed Maremma wine region of Tuscany, yet only a few minutes from the white sandy beaches of the Etruscan coast.
- Suites designed by the editor of Architectural Digest & most have a fireplace & beautiful views over the countryside or onto the garden.
- 3 pools including heated indoor pavilion, outdoor jacuzzi, Turkish bath, gym, library.
- Renowned state-of-the-art Spa with full-day programmes.
- Horse riding, tennis, bocce, golf, sailing.
- Experience superb regional Tuscan cuisine & wine in the hotel's La Trattoria Toscana prepared by the Ducasse-trained chef Christophe Martin.
- Cooking classes with Christophe & his team.
- Explore the medieval hill towns of Sovana & Pitigliano - Maserati available.
- Private wine tours including to Fattoria Le Pupille, producers of the famed Morellino di Scansano varietal.
So while the weather at this time of the year will be cold, rug up & come prepared for a weekend of absolute indulgence & luxury - do I have any Expressions of Interest?
All images Andana
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wandering around the steep & winding streets one weekend, they saw a For Sale sign on a derelict house perched on a cliff overlooking the harbour & a week later they were the new Owners. Only few minor structural jobs needed to be done before they moved in & then it was just a question of lots of fresh paint & filling the home with pieces purchased mainly from second-hand stores along the Costa Brava. They really have achieved a fantastic sense of ambience & relaxed living using an eclectic mix of pieces in this gorgeous little retreat.
Confidently hanging a small chandelier in this room along with all the quirky pieces, shows a strong sense of proportion & style.
All images Hearst (photographer Andreas Von Einsiedel)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
P.S. - it's not my dodgy photography skills that caused the haziness on this pic, the air was seriously thick with brick & plaster dust - cough, cough, splutter, splutter!