Friday, January 27, 2012

Courting Relaxation

I have a rare day off to myself today & have decided to have a Millie day. A trip to the Dog Park with puppy Lulu is the only definite on the agenda & then the day is mine. If I feel enthused I may do some remedial gardening work in our courtyard, but I reckon whatever I do, it won't look as gorgeous as the one in the featured image. Thanks to everyone who commented on the Perez post & to the lovely gals over at Adelaide Hills Magazine for featuring it on their Twitter daily yesterday. But can I tell you categorically that MOTH will NOT be getting his own blog, no way, no how, NEVER!!



Can I recommend a quick visit to Felicity here. She's commenced a fabulous new initiative A Year Of Books-A Challenge to get us on track to hit our reading targets this year. I dropped behind woefully last year due to all the changes at work, but this year I have promised myself nothing will get in the way of sticking my nose in the pile of books sitting forlornly on my bedside table. She's encouraging us to join in & share our current read via a 'Vive Le Livre' linky on her blog. A cute little button is available to paste on your blog to share. The first linky is due soon, so I'd better get cracking. The Stirling Dog Park has some lovely old trees to sit under, so I'm going to prop there soon with my current read while Lulu does her meet & greet thing with her puppy friends. Whatever you're doing today dear Hedgies, enjoy it.
Image: Benecki Homes



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear what have you done to me Millie!! Another beautiful blog to follow!
    I have joined the party but I have to warn all that my reading habits can be a bit trashy at times...perhaps I shall just leave those ones out!
    Hope you had a wonderful relaxing day yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Millie. I'm off to check it out. Perhaps MOTH should pen a bodice-ripper with all his tantalising gossip. Fictionalised of course. "Frills and Thrills in the Hills".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you call us Hedgies and bring us out with you on walks and share good things with us.
    Now can I just take a dip there?
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you've had a lovely day Millie!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to check the year of books...great challenge!! Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Millie you are a marvel - continually inspiring us with all that you do.
    Thank you for the shout out about 'Vive le Livre!' some of your lovely Hedgies have stopped by already and I'm looking forward to all that we have to share in the coming weeks.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails