- 1,000km. coastal front.
- 200kph(125mph)/hr. winds with gusts greater than 279kph(173mph).
- Rainfall to top 1000mm(40in.) in 24 hrs.
- Tsunami-like coastal tidal surges of up to 15metres (49ft.)
- Spectacular tourist havens such as Cairns, Townsville, Port Douglas, Mission Beach & Hamilton Island in the cyclone's direct path.
- The worst cyclone of our life-time is on it's way from the Pacific & is expected to cross the northern coast of Queensland at around 10p.m.- midnight tonight.
- As if the people of Queensland haven't copped enough so far this year, at Category 5 Cyclone Yasi is about inflict it's horrendous might & power on the north of the State. For those of us living safely in the southern states of Australia away from this nightmare, all we can do is wait & watch. From wherever you are in the world, send these good people your thoughts today, they'll need it.
Borrowing From The Boys: Jane Birkin knows How
5 hours ago