Monday, December 20, 2010

The Finishing Line!

MOTH the Old Rower feels exactly like this today. We both worked day & night over the weekend in a huge last ditch effort finishing the Bathroom-From-Hell. We stopped briefly on Saturday night for a wonderful evening out at my Company's Christmas Party (just the 4 of us & it was brilliant!). The clock is ticking as the first of our cavalcade of Christmas guests arrives on Thursday. If it's the last thing I do this year, I want to post the completed pics before I head off on vacation. MOTH is most insistent that darling Jane get the first look at the entire room, as she's been with us from the start of this project......he reckons it will speed up her recovery no end! But I thought I'd give you a sneak peak of a couple of features, just to build up the momentum for the very last post of the year.

I put up with this for 2 years, grotty basin, no storage, not one power point - disgusting isn't it!!

Ooooooh it's gorgeous, I can't keep my hands from her beautiful curves!

The old shower rose over the bath had a perpetual case of the droops. We had to continually push the thing to an upright position as we were trying to shower. And as for that rotting timber window that let a chink of daylight into the room alternate Friday's at 11.25a.m. - be gone!

Now this beauty is so stable & upright it brings tears to my eyes & she has a gorgeous twin staring at her from the opposite end wall of the shower recess.

And the shower taps were atrocious, constantly falling off the wall whenever we tried to use them.

I'm loving this mixer, all shiny & ready for action. We've got 3 nights to finish things, the room is without a door as MOTH's taken it down & is painting it on trestle's in the garage. The cantilever bench's sides & drawers are still sitting on the floor in the Guest Room, but MOTH reckons that will be the last thing he does on Tuesday night. Wish us luck, as we lurch to the finish line in a totally exhausted state!!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Oh Millie, you tease us so with this glimpse of gorgeousness! Good luck in putting the final touches to your beautiful new bathroom. Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Millie! What joy. Your snippets look fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished product. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't that photo of the rowers capture sheer exhaustion in a wonderfully descriptive way? Almost there Millie - I look forward to the final result. I think it is worthing putting up with old rooms for a while so that you can get SO much pleasure of the new ones. Character building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. millie,
    lookin' good!!!!
    the faucets and the 'mixer' is divine.

    merry merry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Millie & MOTH - Wow..when your done MOTH I've got a few baths that need an expert re modeler! It's going to be gorgeous & yes Mils, those are some fabulous curves on that basin.

    To help you cross that finish-line in time, I will suggest you play the theme song to the movie 'Rocky' in the background as MOTH works. It should help.

    Wishing you all a truly wonderful holiday. You may want to serve punch in that sink!

    xx oo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im loving this bathroom! Cant wait to see it all. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go MOTH, go! I can't wait to see the finished bath, Millie. It's looking splendid!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Millie,

    Looking forward to seeing the finished pics - looks brilliant so far! Good luck.

    Best to you for the holidays and looking forward to the new year and all it will bring!

    Smiles and hugs
    XXoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing the finished room, the teaser pics look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant wait Millie to see the end result, no doubt it will be gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fantastic Millie - that fella of yours has done a 'stirling' job :)
    As a fellow survivor of a never-ending bathroom reno from hell, I'm so happy you now have a flash new ablutions centre of your very own. Ok, enough from me, and anyway, I've used up all my ridiculous jargon and corny jokes for today! Seriously, it looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in all its glory. K xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooooo exciting - the little snippets are such a tease, can't wait to see it in all its glory! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Millie
    Haven't commented for a while but I've been reading your blog All I can say is go Millie and Moth.
    Kind Regards
    Karen
    PS: I created a blog today know idea what I'm doing I'm hoping it will stretch my little grey cells

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, Millie, how tantalising! I can't believe what you've endured - what a delightful contrast awaits you. Looking forward to the big reveal! J x

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails