- the little wooden chair my Grandpa made for me as a toddler (in black & white gloss - so chic!).
- a beautiful slipper chair covered in Sanderson Linen Cabbage Roses print that was in my bedroom growing up - thanks to my darling Mum!
- the pine chairs complete with bright Marimekko fabric that came with my first grown-up dining room setting as a new bride.
- an old Nursery rocking chair I sat in (often exhausted!) feeding all the babies.
- 8 large, high-back chairs from a Dining Room suite bought 25 yrs ago. So many late nights with dear friends & family around our table. They were incredibly comfortable & no-one ever wanted to get up & go home! A year ago they were 'donated' to Sons 4 & 5 when they were furnishing their share house around the corner. They love them & it's wonderful to visit & still be enjoying their familiar comfort in new surroundings.
The photos I've posted do seem to have a theme. Yes, it's pretty obvious that I like feminine, elegant chairs. Not a great fan of sparse, minimalistic, modernist chairs - & I make no apology for that!
I would love to hear your favourite chair memories - it's been so lovely revisiting mine!