Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Images Genworth Group
While I really like the external appearance, I'm undecided about the interior. I'm going to go out on a limb here & say that the minimalistic look actually doesn't do it much justice. I fact, I'd love to go back to a bare canvas & give it over to the talented & very creative hands of my blogging friends Shawn @ Country French Antiques, Amanda @ Oliveaux, Gina @
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Silly Millie - let that be a lesson to you girl! The Laurel Hedge may take on the look of frenzied mayhem designed by a Madwoman this week - so I'll apologize in advance!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
- the little wooden chair my Grandpa made for me as a toddler (in black & white gloss - so chic!).
- a beautiful slipper chair covered in Sanderson Linen Cabbage Roses print that was in my bedroom growing up - thanks to my darling Mum!
- the pine chairs complete with bright Marimekko fabric that came with my first grown-up dining room setting as a new bride.
- an old Nursery rocking chair I sat in (often exhausted!) feeding all the babies.
- 8 large, high-back chairs from a Dining Room suite bought 25 yrs ago. So many late nights with dear friends & family around our table. They were incredibly comfortable & no-one ever wanted to get up & go home! A year ago they were 'donated' to Sons 4 & 5 when they were furnishing their share house around the corner. They love them & it's wonderful to visit & still be enjoying their familiar comfort in new surroundings.
The photos I've posted do seem to have a theme. Yes, it's pretty obvious that I like feminine, elegant chairs. Not a great fan of sparse, minimalistic, modernist chairs - & I make no apology for that!
I would love to hear your favourite chair memories - it's been so lovely revisiting mine!