Monday, May 3, 2010

Tenth Photo


Thanks to the extremely gorgeous ones Debra at Lifescapes & Ange at Signed by Ange for the 10th photo tag. The deal is to find the 10th photo that I personally took and post it on my blog. Debra & Ange, you sure opened up a can of worms here girls! This meant that I had to start way back in May 2008 & trawl through a lot of posts from those early days. I'm writing this post from under my desk where I've crawled from embarrassment. I'd forgotten what a diligent, creative, interesting & all-round good Blogger I was back then. Geez, talk about letting myself go! I'll need blog therapy for years now in an attempt to recover from this shattering & humiliating experience.

Anyway, the one good thing to come out of it all is that the pic wasn't one of MOTH up a ladder with this torn shorts revealing those 'stunning' legs, a filthy dirty T-shirt & a grumpy look on his face. I quite expected this, so am ever relieved that the pic was taken from one of my favourite posts here. We'd snuck off to Tim & Merilyn Kuchel's Open Garden just around the corner from us here in Stirling. It was a glorious Spring day & their spectacular garden Winterwood was looking divine. The pic is a stand of Ash trees they planted on their back lawn looking truly majestic. 3 months later on New Year's Eve, their darling daughter was married in this same spot.

9 comments:

  1. Ooh - as long as you didn't have an 80s hairdo - you can get back out from under the table ;-) Right - off to find out more about the wedding trees !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie,

    What a lovely photo of the beautiful old Ash trees and must have been a fabulous place to have a wedding.

    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you return home all inspired when you visit someones garden? I just want to bull-doze the whole property and start over. But then...we've seen your property and it is gorgeous. I love that MOTH was taking notes on the garden tour. Thank you darling for playing along and returning us to Merilyn's garden. And that sweet brick shed- that could be a whole other post. Oh Millie~ your posts just get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous trees Millie and perfectly lovely photo for a re-post... That garden would have been a stunning setting for a wedding... Too bad about not being a MOTH photo.. I'm sure he secretly loves it! Have a lovely Monday.. xx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Millie, we wouldn't have minded if it was one of those special photos of MOTH. You could have given us quite a thrill. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story. And you're always creative and interesting, dear Millie! Stop by this week if you get a chance, I'm having a giveaway (open to all). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Millie. Majestic is the word for those trees..Rxx

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails