Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Cured


I've sort of eluded to the fact here before that I'm a reality TV devotee. It's a horrible little secret that I kept hidden for a long time & if MOTH had his way, I'd still be in the reality closet. To say he doesn't share my 'enthusiasm' would be a gross understatement. I just love the fact that for an hour or so I can escape from 'With a bandwidth of 18MHz & full pulsed digital fluoroscopy of 1,024 matrix, equal horizontal & vertical resolution can be resolved with a 4-5in. FOV.' & other stuff from work that's normally floating around in my head.

Well this morning I've got some pretty wonderful news - I'm cured of my reality TV addiction thanks to the above couple. Yep Laurence, Jackie, Cecile and Hermione Llewelyn-Bowen are the ones I need to thank for this miracle. I was plonked in front of the telly last night, when the ABC aired their show To The Manor Bowen. After 40 minutes of total 'What the......?' coming from the very core of my being, a force beyond reckoning took over my body & I actually flicked the power switch on the remote control & send the L-B's & their entourage of dodgey hangers-on into oblivion. And God it felt good! My moment of ephipany came when Mrs. L-B uttered for the umpteenth time that all Mr. L-B wanted to do was lift her skirt.

So to all my blogging chums in the Mother Land, thanks from the bottom of my ex-reality TV heart for sending this cure to those of us addicts in the Colonies. I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay the favour.

Image: Zimbio

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I caught some of that show and just couldnt understand who these people were!
    (Who is he anyhow?)
    I turned it off before it finished too and went to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say stay away from the electronic shops and all those new HD TVs...but it sounds like you have received the cure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm emerging from my normal lurking position to empathise with your stance. Yes the umpteenth skirt lifting comment was the tipping point for me too. I did sleep very soundly after this show though.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is that the more I loath someone on telly the more compelled I am to watch them. It is almost like a mathematical equation...

    pure revoltingness = viewing addiction

    My husband is bamboozled as to why I continue to watch when they annoy me so much, and frankly I can't really explain it beyond being a little like a car crash where you are unable to avert your eyes. So this sounds just like my kind of show!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That particular deep and meaningful(!) programme was shown here a couple of years ago and didn't do the L-B's any favours on the popularity front !! Suffice it to say that there was never a second series !! Unfortunately, it didn't cure me of my reality addiction ! I am currently watching I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here In the Australian jungle. I need help and probably medication Mill's. Can you send one of your reality programmes over here that might cure me ? ( I am also watching Australian Masterchef and loving it !!) I'm a lost cause, Mill's. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am not averse to a little reality TV every now and then.

    I laughed at this post because I know just what you mean about the LBs!!! They talk and make references to "it" ALL THE TIME!!! I saw a couple of episodes of that series a few years ago when it was on here - I think you either love em or hate em with that family! Gorgeous house though!!

    :)

    PS Yes, the photo of the "back" the other day was with MOTH in mind, as always. Got to keep him happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, i have just discovered your blog and enjoy it very much.

    I don't usually watch reality shows, but this one on Tuesday night caught my eye..and i have to admit, i didn't mind it..lol.sorry to say. I adore their new home and am interested in what renovations they will do. I had no idea who they were, so 'googled' them..must be popular in England..

    luv Ann.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Millie,

    I tried watching this show last year when they were doing the Christmas show. I did love the house though that they were renovating.
    I know exactly what you are saying and yes, life is too short to be watching shows like this.

    Happy Thursday, dear friend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you don't mind Millie but I just referenced and linked to this post on my latest post.
    I hadn't seen or heard of Laurence in such a long time, and was thrilled to have him back on my TV screen.
    Of course, to recuse myself, I'm watching the show purely from a decorating point of view.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails