Friday, November 28, 2008

Weekend Warrior


Another big weekend coming up with Christmas Parties tonight & tomorrow night. Also feel it's probably time to start some informal Chrissie shopping & I really would like to squeeze a round of golf in with son #5.

Have also just heard a rumour (from a few of his brothers!) that son #2 may grace us with his presence from Melbourne this weekend. He's just sheepishly informed us that he won't be home again for Christmas this year, as he's leaving on Dec. 22nd for 5 weeks backpacking around Morocco & surrounds with a mate. Last year it was Vietnam & Laos & the year before India & Sri Lanka - me thinks there is a pattern developing here of avoiding Christmas Day ('affectionally' known in our family as Family Feud Day!).

This beautiful terrace looks just so inviting - would be wonderful to prop myself at that table, not move for the whole weekend & let the world come to me. Whatever you are up to, hope the weekend brings you much fun & lots of laughter.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Millie! this terrace is so inviting :)
    kids gracing with presence - I have same feelings whenever my son is at home, although he's living with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie, I am now of the opinion that you are a wild party girl. Parties every weekend!!!???.... I have so much to look forward too when my babies are off backpacking around the world! Have a fun weekend! I am selling toys, furniture, handbags and anything that isn't tied down or being worn at present, in the most monstrous garage sale I have ever had.... Aladdin's Cave... eat your heart out! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table setting is just what I would like at my place. Sounds like you have a very busy weekend. We accepted A-M's challenge to write 7 things about ourselves today and are passing it on to you! Sorry to add to your to do list..
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Millie,
    sounds like you are having a lot of fun and I'm with A-M you sound like a party girl at heart and that's what Xmas is all about, minus the family feuds which we all have too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I am with the others, you are a wild wee thing!! That photo is beautiful and has gone into my file. Have a great time whatever you get up to. Lets just hope you don't end up with a hangover Millie :P
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous picture! I want to settle in there with a glass of wine and some cheeses.
    Hope you enjoy your parties!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. An al fresco dining in that terrace would be lovely. Nice image. Have a fun weekend and Christmas 2008. Oh I hope its not too soon to wish you something for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh this looks lovely.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh Lady Millie,

    Am on the way now to OZ w/ no packs on. I know it's boiling heat downunder, or?

    Wish me luck, dear!

    hugs for the w/end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Millie,
    I tagged you to know you better - hope you participate. Here is the link:
    http://bit.ly/qaw1

    Hope you play :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So how were the parties Millie? I have ours coming up the next two weekends. The worst part is finding something to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh that looks splendid...parties, world touring kidlets. Life is good eh? How many kids do you have??

    Enjoy your weekend...and happy December!

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails