Sunday, June 8, 2008

Keep Calm and Carry On

Image Keep-calm-and-carry-on

At the outbreak of the Second World War, the British Ministry of Defence commissioned these posters to be displayed throughout the country. Their objective was to relay a message from King George VI to his people that all capable measures to defend the country were being taken.
Interestingly the poster was never issued, so remained almost unseen by the general public until 50 years later when a copy turned up in a pile of dusty old books at an auction. I love the single graphic element of the Crown and the wonderful words and message that it still conveys.

With a very hectic work schedule coming up in the next month - I thought this post very timely!

I've been tagged by the lovely Daisy @ pinkstilettos - so worked on this intensely under the shower this morning and here are the results!


The rules for this game are to link back to the person who tagged you, include the rules in your post, write six unimportant things about yourself then tag six other people at the end of your entry.

1. I still have my childhood Teddy Bear - at 52 yrs. he's threadbare, but much cherished!

2. I once sat next to the gorgeous John F. Kennedy Jnr. on a Chicago- L.A. flight. The plane was delayed 3 hrs. on the tarmac @ O'Hare, which added to the thrill! (FYI - he was a truly incredible & lovely soul, very unaffected by his celebrity & so genuinely interested in my life, my family & Australia.)

3. Political correctness turns this sweet gal into a madwoman - just can't abide it & I want to start up the Anti-Political Correctness Party real soon!

4. Son #1 weighed 10lb. 4oz., Son #2 was 9lb. 15oz. & Son #3 finished me off @ 10lb. 3oz.!!! And I'm only average height & weight!

5. I drank too much @ my Engagement Party (1st marriage) & had to be quietly put to bed while the party went on without me.

6. I am secretly writing a Mills & Boon novel (have never read one, but on hearing that the starting price for a manuscript was $70,000 thought I might as well give it my best shot!)

The Tagged baton is being passed to:


Michelle @ Hathersage Hall


Sharon @ My Chutney Garden


Carolyn @ Sweet Home and Garden Chicago


Meg @ My Little Cottage


Tanya @ SUNDAY BAKER

Cathy @ Simple Things Small Joys

Please don't feel under any obligation - just participate if you would like to!

1 comment:

  1. Wow You have some big weighing Boys! My biggest was 8 lbs. 14 oz. Thanks for playing along! Daisy~

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails