Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Lunch Squared


House to Home

Toast & Tables








This is where Son #4 will be spending his Christmas Day this year.

Sadly Son #4 will be away working remotely on Christmas Day this year, so we are having a special Christmas lunch for him on Sunday, as he's home at the moment on his 6 day break. I'll have to turn around & repeat the whole exercise again on Christmas Day, but hey that's what Mums are for! We will really miss him, but he loves his job, so we need to make sure his family Christmas is wonderful, albeit on a different day.

As of today I'm officially on holidays, & am not due to return to work until January 20th - happy, happy days! However, I do have a couple of urgent things to complete, so I'll be hard at it until mid-afternoon & then that's it!! I do need to start the serious task of wrapping gifts ready for Sunday, so here's some ideas that caught my eye. A very happy weekend to you all, I'm sure most of you will be very busy, but please find time to relax for a few precious moments.

14 comments:

  1. Millie...It is nice that the beginning of your one month time off coincides with #4 son's 6-day break. Enjoy your pre-Christmas festivities with him and keep MOTH away from the computer. Have a lovely holiday. ♥Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that post just made me want to unwrap and re wrap all my christmas gifts!!! lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very jealous..my break doesn't start until Tuesday and isn't nearly as long. Still, you deserve it!

    Sorry son #4 can't be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! now that is a hole. My 6 year old would love to see that and the machinery it takes to dig it. I hope you have a great time with your boys. TTFN Ta Ta For Now. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been too busy with kids, mondo cherry and Christmas to read my favourite blogs this week, and what gorgeousness I have missed. Maybe not the hole in the ground, and definitely not the Melbourne dressing ground, but the pressies look gorgeous. And as for that little bub... makes me think that I could do it all again, 9 months of morning sickness and all!
    Enjoy your Christmas #1
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, holidays!!! That looks like a hole in the ground where your son will be though. Your sunday Lunch sounds lovely, I hope you all have a great day. Those images are beautiful. I have yet to wrap mine and have gotten some fabulous ideas from your post.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. bonjour,
    tous ces jolis paquets!!!
    je suis en train de faire les miens
    et vous?
    bon noël
    manon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you all have a great Christmas celebration on Sunday.
    Wish my pressies looked as good as these all wrapped up - I'm all fingers and thumbs when it comes to wrapping so they always look like they've been wrapped by a 5 year old!
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy it all Millie! I desperately need to start my wrapping and can't stop procrastinating.
    Lisa & Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Millie,
    I love he all the wrapping especially the one with the starfsih. Have a wonderful Holiday!
    xxx- Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT packages! Who carries what's in them... I would be delighted to just look at them! THanks for sharing!
    ENJOY!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to let you know I have featured your blog on my blog :)

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - I have just discovered your blog and had to let you know how inspiring and gorgeous it is!
    I live in South Aust too but by the sea, you could look across the top of Adelaide from Stirling towards where I live...LOL
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Millie, I have given you a 'Spirit of Christmas Award'...
    visit my blog
    www.janezlifeandtimes.wordpress.com to collect it

    Happy & Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails