Friday, September 21, 2012

Not What I Was Expecting!

 
Dash you Crack Cocaine Pinterest, you've totally burst my bubble this week. You sent me the weekly stats of The Hedge's most pinned image & it's not what I was expecting. Always imagining myself as a  world famous & highly respected design blogger (no need to laugh thanks!!), I naturally assumed the star pin would be some fabulous design image that I'd so lovingly selected & curated especially for my 'dedicated' Followers. Nope, nothing like it. It was this big bowl of Butternut Squash Gnocchi with a Fontina Cheese & Spinach sauce......26 repins, how embarrassing, there goes my carefully cultivated image in a mouthful of pasta. 
 
The only redeeming thing here is that I've actually made gnocchi from scratch in the Kitchen From Hell & guess what, it worked! So I guess there's nothing for it dear Hedgies, here's the link to the gnocchi from the Proud Italian Cook blogspot. Do give it a try & let me know how you go. I certainly don't have one of those fancy schmancy wooden gnocchi rollers, I managed to produce cute little pasta thingies with a quick flick of a fork. The Fontina cheese is worth blowing the budget (& your LDL/HDL levels) on. It's the weekend dear Hedgies, so go enjoy!
 
 

 
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. M,

    that looks soooo good.
    i am going to try it.

    i think i just gained 3 lbs looking at the image.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely must have this on my table tomorrow. Diggin' on the link for the recipe, hope it turns out well. :D Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love your gorgeous design images, but must admit, this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello MIllie... I just had a look at that gnocchi... SO tempting... would like some right now please... Forget pinning... I need to be tasting... Happy weekend... xv

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very yummy Millie and as a kiwi living in a country where food is like a religion I am sure that the French will have all picked the same image!

    à tres bientot, Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, and even though I'm not a fan of pumpkins or squash, I'm going to give a try! PS, Love the look of your local watering hole, very nice place to unwind. David.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol.. what can we say.. people like food.. and the more bad it is for you the more we like to pin it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Millie - This looks like the perfect comfort food for a rainy fall evening here in DC. Yummy! Happy weekend!
    xoxo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails