Friday, November 4, 2011

Lounging Around

This weekend I'll be lounging around on my day bed. If you believe that you'll believe ANYTHING!! But before I head off for my weekend of cleaning, puppy washing, shopping, cooking, washing, weeding lounging, I wanted to pass on some news from my bloggie friend Michelle over at Hugo & Elsa. She's become a legend in Tasmania for her amazing cupcakes, but due to lots of exciting things happening in her life (think Matthew, Nick & Ross at A Common Ground) she's packing up her mixer & saying goodbye to her little cupcake business. If I knew that was on the cards I would have made her an offer on the spot & headed off to Tassie to take over! So before the patty pans are put out to pasture for good, I thought I'd share some beautiful memories of Michelle's exquisite creations. Read it & weep dear Hedgies.

Vanilla Vanilla with Crystallized Violet

Classic Dark Chocolate

Spiced Chocolate filled with Gluhwein Pears, Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting & a Pear Chip

Sour Cream Cake filled with Rhubarb Poached in Blood Orange

Backyard Lemon & Wild Blackberry

Crabapple with Salted Caramel
Sniffle, sniffle - geez Michelle, how could you mate. It's the weekend, so go enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Oh Millie! I'm so very touched. Anytime you want some cake I'll whip up a batch and send them over especially for you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never ever managed to make a batch of cup cakes so perfectly regular in size and shape, no wonder you're gong to miss her Millie.
    Have a lovely relaxing weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit...just when I'm in the process of booking a holiday in Tassie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look sublime! Making me hungry at 11pm at night, tut tut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A master baker and cupcake maker...not an easy task. I can see why you follow Millie...I can nearly taste them. :)
    Best wishes for a relaxing weekend Millie... I hope you manage a little R&R..

    Jeanne :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I wouldn't mind a day bed like that! Uh huh. :)

    And those cupcakes are divine. She did a fabulous job. Sad to hear she's closing up shop, though. :( Best wishes to her and her family.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could think of nothing more perfect than lounging around on that day bed with a selection of Michelle's amazing cupcakes and having a cuppa with you dear Millie. Much love to you and MOTH, Meredy xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like a good cupcake with plenty of frosting. These look scrumptious!
    Happy Weekend, Millie.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Mills, these are heavenly. I had just made a pact with myself that I would eat well this weekend... just after giving my boys a lecture on how to choose snacks that are nourishing... hmm... and now I might be reaching for the cupcake ingredients... just one maybe? A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of those gorgeous treats are making me hungry! I just stumbled across your gorgeous blog & would love to buy a tiny white cottage in the country one day so until then I will pop by for a little bit of country inspiration. I have just signed up as your latest follower!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Millie, you had me at the Vanilla Vanilla with Crystallized Violet.
    Enjoy a spot of lounging be it ever so brief.
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deliciosos dulces. He descubierto tu blog y me ha encantado si lo deseas te invito a visitar mi blog, si es de tu agrado, puedes seguirme.Un saludo.

    Manoli.

    ReplyDelete
  13. heavens - actually cupcake heaven !! le xox

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails